Govt doctor booked for passing `casteist` remarks in Patiala
Patiala: A government doctor has been booked for allegedly passing `casteist` remarks at a student, police said today.
A final year MBBS at Government Medical College here has alleged faculty member Dr Harsimran Singh of using foul language against his caste.
The FIR against Dr Singh was registered after directions in this regard from National Scheduled Caste Commission Vice-Chairman Raj Kumar Verka, who had visited the college on April 19, police said.
Meanwhile, a section of doctors sought cancellation of the FIR, saying it had been registered on a "false complaint" by some medical students on the behest of a faculty member.
College authorities have, however, clarified that the matter is being probed by police while an internal inquiry, too, was being conducted into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users