Govt doctor booked for passing `casteist` remarks in Patiala
Patiala: A government doctor has been booked for allegedly passing `casteist` remarks at a student, police said today.
A final year MBBS at Government Medical College here has alleged faculty member Dr Harsimran Singh of using foul language against his caste.
The FIR against Dr Singh was registered after directions in this regard from National Scheduled Caste Commission Vice-Chairman Raj Kumar Verka, who had visited the college on April 19, police said.
Meanwhile, a section of doctors sought cancellation of the FIR, saying it had been registered on a "false complaint" by some medical students on the behest of a faculty member.
College authorities have, however, clarified that the matter is being probed by police while an internal inquiry, too, was being conducted into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’