Govt doctor booked for passing `casteist` remarks in Patiala
Patiala: A government doctor has been booked for allegedly passing `casteist` remarks at a student, police said today.
A final year MBBS at Government Medical College here has alleged faculty member Dr Harsimran Singh of using foul language against his caste.
The FIR against Dr Singh was registered after directions in this regard from National Scheduled Caste Commission Vice-Chairman Raj Kumar Verka, who had visited the college on April 19, police said.
Meanwhile, a section of doctors sought cancellation of the FIR, saying it had been registered on a "false complaint" by some medical students on the behest of a faculty member.
College authorities have, however, clarified that the matter is being probed by police while an internal inquiry, too, was being conducted into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday