Govt must use all diplomatic channels for Sarabjit`s release: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today sought immediate intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for shifting Sarabjit Singh, who is battling for life in a Lahore hospital, from Pakistan for better treatment.
"It is the moral duty of the Union government to make all out efforts for Sarabjit`s early release to save his life," Badal said.
"It is high time that the Prime Minister, Foreign Affairs Minister and Home Minister must use all diplomatic channels for bringing back Sarabjit from Pakistan to ensure better medical treatment to him," Badal said.
He demanded that immediate relief must be provided to Sarabjit on humanitarian grounds for saving his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report