Govt must use all diplomatic channels for Sarabjit`s release: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today sought immediate intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for shifting Sarabjit Singh, who is battling for life in a Lahore hospital, from Pakistan for better treatment.
"It is the moral duty of the Union government to make all out efforts for Sarabjit`s early release to save his life," Badal said.
"It is high time that the Prime Minister, Foreign Affairs Minister and Home Minister must use all diplomatic channels for bringing back Sarabjit from Pakistan to ensure better medical treatment to him," Badal said.
He demanded that immediate relief must be provided to Sarabjit on humanitarian grounds for saving his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere