Govt must use all diplomatic channels for Sarabjit`s release: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today sought immediate intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for shifting Sarabjit Singh, who is battling for life in a Lahore hospital, from Pakistan for better treatment.
"It is the moral duty of the Union government to make all out efforts for Sarabjit`s early release to save his life," Badal said.
"It is high time that the Prime Minister, Foreign Affairs Minister and Home Minister must use all diplomatic channels for bringing back Sarabjit from Pakistan to ensure better medical treatment to him," Badal said.
He demanded that immediate relief must be provided to Sarabjit on humanitarian grounds for saving his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened