Govt must use all diplomatic channels for Sarabjit`s release: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today sought immediate intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for shifting Sarabjit Singh, who is battling for life in a Lahore hospital, from Pakistan for better treatment.
"It is the moral duty of the Union government to make all out efforts for Sarabjit`s early release to save his life," Badal said.
"It is high time that the Prime Minister, Foreign Affairs Minister and Home Minister must use all diplomatic channels for bringing back Sarabjit from Pakistan to ensure better medical treatment to him," Badal said.
He demanded that immediate relief must be provided to Sarabjit on humanitarian grounds for saving his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?