Govt punishing middle class: SAD on diesel price hike
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) Thursday criticised the steep hike in the price of diesel and LPG by terming it as deliberate punishment being meted out to the citizens for raising their voice against the Congress party.
"By hiking the prices of LPG the Congress-led UPA government has deliberately targeted middle class for punishment as it was most vociferous against ruling party in anti-corruption campaign throughout the country," SAD said in a statement.
Party president Sukhbir Badal said, "The formula of multinational oil companies for calculating the market price of diesel and LPG was totally opaque."
These companies were "putting the burden of their inefficiency, unreasonable refining margins, bonus, perquesites besides unreasonable dividend and profit on the common man already grinding under record price hike of essential commodities," he said.
The party has been demanding a Joint Parliamentary Committee which would determine the cost of oil products, but the Congress-led UPA government was dragging its feet over the issue, he claimed.
While demanding an immediate rollback, Badal said his party would continue to protest till Congress-led UPA government reverses its "anti-people decision."
The six cylinders a year would bring back the ration era of Congress party, the statement also said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch