Govt punishing middle class: SAD on diesel price hike
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) Thursday criticised the steep hike in the price of diesel and LPG by terming it as deliberate punishment being meted out to the citizens for raising their voice against the Congress party.
"By hiking the prices of LPG the Congress-led UPA government has deliberately targeted middle class for punishment as it was most vociferous against ruling party in anti-corruption campaign throughout the country," SAD said in a statement.
Party president Sukhbir Badal said, "The formula of multinational oil companies for calculating the market price of diesel and LPG was totally opaque."
These companies were "putting the burden of their inefficiency, unreasonable refining margins, bonus, perquesites besides unreasonable dividend and profit on the common man already grinding under record price hike of essential commodities," he said.
The party has been demanding a Joint Parliamentary Committee which would determine the cost of oil products, but the Congress-led UPA government was dragging its feet over the issue, he claimed.
While demanding an immediate rollback, Badal said his party would continue to protest till Congress-led UPA government reverses its "anti-people decision."
The six cylinders a year would bring back the ration era of Congress party, the statement also said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3