Govt school student thrashed by teacher; hospitalised
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): A class V student of a government school here was hospitalised after he was allegedly thrashed by a teacher.
Gaurav, a student of Government Elementary School Duffera, was allegedly beaten by the teacher Saturday.
"We admitted Gaurav to Civil hospital Bassi Pathana but doctors referred him to Civil Hospital Fatehgarh Sahib," said Jit Singh, father of the student.
Singh demanded stern action against the school teacher.
District Education Officer (Elementary) Navtejinder Kumar said a thorough inquiry would be conducted and if the school teacher was found guilty, disciplinary action will be taken against him.
The teacher had allegedly beaten Gaurav as he could not find keys of a room.
"Gaurav was upset yesterday and narrated the entire incident today and showed the injuries inflicted on him by the teacher. More than the wound, he was worried about the humiliation he had to face in front of the entire class," his father said.
Doctor Rajnish Kumar, who attended on the child, said he had intimated local police about the case.
The school teacher was not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman