Govt school student thrashed by teacher; hospitalised
Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab): A class V student of a government school here was hospitalised after he was allegedly thrashed by a teacher.
Gaurav, a student of Government Elementary School Duffera, was allegedly beaten by the teacher Saturday.
"We admitted Gaurav to Civil hospital Bassi Pathana but doctors referred him to Civil Hospital Fatehgarh Sahib," said Jit Singh, father of the student.
Singh demanded stern action against the school teacher.
District Education Officer (Elementary) Navtejinder Kumar said a thorough inquiry would be conducted and if the school teacher was found guilty, disciplinary action will be taken against him.
The teacher had allegedly beaten Gaurav as he could not find keys of a room.
"Gaurav was upset yesterday and narrated the entire incident today and showed the injuries inflicted on him by the teacher. More than the wound, he was worried about the humiliation he had to face in front of the entire class," his father said.
Doctor Rajnish Kumar, who attended on the child, said he had intimated local police about the case.
The school teacher was not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur