Govt shielding Tytler, Kumar: Badal
New Delhi: Vowing to continue the fight for justice for 1984 Sikh riot victims, Akali Dal Thursday accused the government of shielding Congress leaders Jagdish Tytler
and Sajjan Kumar.
"Even after 26 years, the Sikh riot victims have not yet got justice and the government has made every effort to shield the accused," Akali Dal MP, Harshimrat Kaur Badal, told
reporters outside Parliament.
The issue was raised by the opposition during the Zero Hour.
Members from the Left, AIADMK, BSP and BJP alongwith Akali Dal registered their protests against the government in the House.
"Probably, in the history of criminal jurisprudence, there has not been such a parallel cover up and shielding of the guilty," she charged.
Pledging to continue the fight, she said "We will not stop till Tytler and Kumar are punished."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'