Govt shielding Tytler, Kumar: Badal
New Delhi: Vowing to continue the fight for justice for 1984 Sikh riot victims, Akali Dal Thursday accused the government of shielding Congress leaders Jagdish Tytler
and Sajjan Kumar.
"Even after 26 years, the Sikh riot victims have not yet got justice and the government has made every effort to shield the accused," Akali Dal MP, Harshimrat Kaur Badal, told
reporters outside Parliament.
The issue was raised by the opposition during the Zero Hour.
Members from the Left, AIADMK, BSP and BJP alongwith Akali Dal registered their protests against the government in the House.
"Probably, in the history of criminal jurisprudence, there has not been such a parallel cover up and shielding of the guilty," she charged.
Pledging to continue the fight, she said "We will not stop till Tytler and Kumar are punished."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II