Govt shielding Tytler, Kumar: Badal
New Delhi: Vowing to continue the fight for justice for 1984 Sikh riot victims, Akali Dal Thursday accused the government of shielding Congress leaders Jagdish Tytler
and Sajjan Kumar.
"Even after 26 years, the Sikh riot victims have not yet got justice and the government has made every effort to shield the accused," Akali Dal MP, Harshimrat Kaur Badal, told
reporters outside Parliament.
The issue was raised by the opposition during the Zero Hour.
Members from the Left, AIADMK, BSP and BJP alongwith Akali Dal registered their protests against the government in the House.
"Probably, in the history of criminal jurisprudence, there has not been such a parallel cover up and shielding of the guilty," she charged.
Pledging to continue the fight, she said "We will not stop till Tytler and Kumar are punished."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people