`Govt will insure that militancy is not revived in Punjab`
Patiala: Union minister Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh on Friday said all efforts will be made to counter any attempt to revive terrorism in Punjab.
"The Union government has adopted an integrated approach to counter any attempt to revive terrorism in Punjab and in the country," Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh said here today.
The whole world has been facing terrorism and our forces are fully prepared to counter it, he told reporters here.
He was replying to the question regarding intelligence reports of revival of terrorism in the state.
When asked about killing of a police ASI by a SAD leader in Amritsar, the minister said, "It was very unfortunate that such incident took place in the state."
The state government should investigate the matter that how the accused got arms licence and on whose recommendations, Singh said.
He, however, said law regarding issuing of arms licence was strict enough but the state governments are responsible to implement it.
When asked about the Punjab chief minister`s allegation that "BSF was not guarding international border properly" due to which smuggling of drugs into the state was on, he said the BSF has been performing its duty very well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony