`Govt will insure that militancy is not revived in Punjab`
Patiala: Union minister Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh on Friday said all efforts will be made to counter any attempt to revive terrorism in Punjab.
"The Union government has adopted an integrated approach to counter any attempt to revive terrorism in Punjab and in the country," Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh said here today.
The whole world has been facing terrorism and our forces are fully prepared to counter it, he told reporters here.
He was replying to the question regarding intelligence reports of revival of terrorism in the state.
When asked about killing of a police ASI by a SAD leader in Amritsar, the minister said, "It was very unfortunate that such incident took place in the state."
The state government should investigate the matter that how the accused got arms licence and on whose recommendations, Singh said.
He, however, said law regarding issuing of arms licence was strict enough but the state governments are responsible to implement it.
When asked about the Punjab chief minister`s allegation that "BSF was not guarding international border properly" due to which smuggling of drugs into the state was on, he said the BSF has been performing its duty very well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!