`Govt will insure that militancy is not revived in Punjab`
Patiala: Union minister Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh on Friday said all efforts will be made to counter any attempt to revive terrorism in Punjab.
"The Union government has adopted an integrated approach to counter any attempt to revive terrorism in Punjab and in the country," Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh said here today.
The whole world has been facing terrorism and our forces are fully prepared to counter it, he told reporters here.
He was replying to the question regarding intelligence reports of revival of terrorism in the state.
When asked about killing of a police ASI by a SAD leader in Amritsar, the minister said, "It was very unfortunate that such incident took place in the state."
The state government should investigate the matter that how the accused got arms licence and on whose recommendations, Singh said.
He, however, said law regarding issuing of arms licence was strict enough but the state governments are responsible to implement it.
When asked about the Punjab chief minister`s allegation that "BSF was not guarding international border properly" due to which smuggling of drugs into the state was on, he said the BSF has been performing its duty very well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)