GPS bikes, CCTV-fitted cars for Punjab Police
Chandigarh: GPS equipped motorcycles, CCTV- fitted cars and reflective jackets are some of the steps taken by the Punjab government to modernise the state police.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday approved an ambitious Rs 112 crore modernisation plan for the state police, an official said here.
Under the project, Rapid Rural Police Response System would get 585 GPS equipped motorcycles, 289 GPS and CCTV camera equipped Multi Utility Vehicles, he said.
Badal said personnel in this wing would be equipped with motorcycles that would be fitted with gadgets like warning lights, GPS, walkie talkie, siren and mega phone re-chargeable torch, the official said.
Similarly, the cars would have warning lights, CCTV camera, GPS, yellow warning tape, dragon light, stretcher, first aid kit, multi-purpose police waist belt, reflective jackets, video cameras, mobile phones and wireless set.
Besides, 100 sniffer dogs have been approved for the dog squad of Punjab Police, the official said.
Badal also approved a plan for intensive CCTV surveillance of all corporations and commissionerate cities.
Ludhiana would be the first city where such cameras would be installed.
The focus would be on capturing crime scenes, checking traffic violations and over speeding of vehicles, Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...