Groups clash as Dhillon murder accused are brought to court
Phagwara: Rival groups clashed here as
police brought six youths, arrested in connection with murder
of BJP leader Sudarshan Dhillon on March 5, from Kapurthala
jail for appearance in local court.
Police rounded up six persons and impounded two
vehicles after the clashes between supporters of Dhillon and
the accused in the court complex and later at a guest house,
where at least three persons sustained minor injuries.
Police and eyewitnesses said that as the six youths
arrested in connection with Dhillon`s murder were brought to
local courts, supporters of two of the accused UK-based NRI
Jatinder Kumar alias Bobby and Sukhdev Singh alias Sukha also
reached there in large numbers.
Heated exchanges took place between supporters of
Dhillon and the accused. The two sides exchanges blows and
after they were dispersed they again clashed at a local guest
City SHO Sarwan Singh Bal said that police was probing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test