GRP head constable held for rape of mother of four
Amritsar: A Government Railway Police Head Constable has been arrested here for allegedly raping a mother of four from Delhi who was visiting the city, police said.
The victim (34), a resident of the Jawahar Park area in the national capital, on Friday told police that the accused, identified as Ajmer Singh, had on Thursday taken her to a hotel where he raped her after threatening to hurt her children.
Police said the accused was arrested after his identity card was found lying on the floor of the bathroom of the hotel room where the woman has alleged the rape was committed.
The victim told police that Singh met her in the waiting room of Amritsar railway station on Thursday and offered her help in getting accommodation on genuine tariff. Thereupon, he took her to the said hotel along with her four minor children.
After getting her to a room at the hotel, the accused allegedly forced the victim into the bathroom and raped her while the children wept outside, police said.
Further, she has alleged that Singh also took away over Rs 11,000 in cash which she had in her bag.
A case in the matter has been registered under Sections 376, 380 and 506 of IPC, police said, adding that a medical test had been done on the victim the reports of which are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad