Gujarat to send Asiatic lions to Punjab
Chandigarh: In view of the declining number
of lions in Punjab, the state has asked Gujarat to translocate
a pair of the famous Asiatic lions to the northern state.
Punjab Forest Minister Tikshan Sud has urged Gujarat
Chief Minister Narender Modi to expedite the supply of a pair
of Asiatic Lions to Punjab.
Sud had met Modi in Ahemedabad, an official spokesman
said here today.
Sud said it was a matter of grave concern that the number
of lions in Chattbir Zoo in Punjab is fast declining and the
remaining lions have become very old.
Keeping this situation in view, the state government has
asked Gujarat government to spare a pair of Asiatic Lions in
return for a few good species of other wild animals, which has
got the necessary approval from the Central Zoo Authority of
Modi has assured Sud that the pair of Asiatic Lions from
Gujrat would be handed over to Punjab at the earliest, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends