Gurdaspur terror attack first in nearly eight years in Punjab
Following are some of the terror-related incidents that have taken place in Punjab between 2001 and 2015. These do not include seizure of arms and ammunition during the period.
New Delhi: Following are some of the terror-related incidents that have taken place in Punjab between 2001 and 2015. These do not include seizure of arms and ammunition during the period.
Several arrests were made during the period and the then Minister of State for Home Vidyasagar Rao had told the Lok Sabha that Pakistan's security personnel had destroyed their end of a secret 135-yard underground tunnel, detected on March 1, 2001 across India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Gurdaspur district.
- Jan 1, 2002: Three Army personnel are killed and five others sustain injuries when a group of unidentified terrorists attacked them at a firing range in Damtal, close to Punjab?s border with Himachal Pradesh.
- Jan 31, 2002: Two persons are killed and 12 others sustain injuries in an explosion inside a Punjab Roadways bus at Patrana in Hoshiarpur district.
- Mar 31, 2002: Two persons are killed and 28 more injured in a bomb blast on Ferozepur-Dhanbad express train at Daroha, about 20 km from Ludhiana.
- Apr 28, 2006: At least eight persons are wounded in a bomb blast on a bus carrying 45 passengers at Jalandhar bus terminus.
- Oct 14, 2007: Seven persons, including a 10-year old child, are killed and 40 others injured in a bomb blast in a cinema hall in Ludhiana.