Gurudwara election Commissioner issue directions for SGPC poll
Amritsar: Gurdwara Elections Chief
Commissioner H S Brar on Thursday directed Punjab government
officials not to entertain politicians coming with vote
registration forms in bulk for upcoming Shiromani Gurudwara
Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) elections.
Now this practice would not be allowed in order to prevent
fake registration of votes, Brar told reporters.
The aim behind the move is to promote transparency in the
SGPC elections, he added.
New voter has to himself appear before the Electoral
Officer to submit his form so that all young people above the
age of 21 could become eligible to cast their vote, he said.
He said the process of registration of new votes would be
completed by November this year and thereafter date for SGPC
general elections would be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH