Gurudwara election Commissioner issue directions for SGPC poll
Amritsar: Gurdwara Elections Chief
Commissioner H S Brar on Thursday directed Punjab government
officials not to entertain politicians coming with vote
registration forms in bulk for upcoming Shiromani Gurudwara
Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) elections.
Now this practice would not be allowed in order to prevent
fake registration of votes, Brar told reporters.
The aim behind the move is to promote transparency in the
SGPC elections, he added.
New voter has to himself appear before the Electoral
Officer to submit his form so that all young people above the
age of 21 could become eligible to cast their vote, he said.
He said the process of registration of new votes would be
completed by November this year and thereafter date for SGPC
general elections would be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway