Gurudwara election Commissioner issue directions for SGPC poll
Amritsar: Gurdwara Elections Chief
Commissioner H S Brar on Thursday directed Punjab government
officials not to entertain politicians coming with vote
registration forms in bulk for upcoming Shiromani Gurudwara
Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) elections.
Now this practice would not be allowed in order to prevent
fake registration of votes, Brar told reporters.
The aim behind the move is to promote transparency in the
SGPC elections, he added.
New voter has to himself appear before the Electoral
Officer to submit his form so that all young people above the
age of 21 could become eligible to cast their vote, he said.
He said the process of registration of new votes would be
completed by November this year and thereafter date for SGPC
general elections would be announced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know