Hailstorms, rains lash Punjab, temperature drops by 4 degrees
Chandigarh: Hailstorms and rains
disrupted normal life in several places in Punjab while
temperature dropped sharply by four degress in the state and
adjoining Haryana on Friday.
Chandigarh and its surrounding areas were engulfed by
dark clouds this afternoon, forcing motorists and people to
switch on the lights.
At a few places in Punjab, including Ludhiana, hail
storms disrupted normal life.
Amritsar received 8.5 mm of rainfall, the Met office
said here, adding that the day temperature fell by upto
four degrees Celsius in several parts of Punjab and Haryana.
Rains or thundershowers are likely at isolated
places in parts of Punjab and Haryana till tomorrow, the Met
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4