Heat wave back in Punjab, Haryana as monsoon plays truant
Chandigarh: With monsoon playing truant, heat wave conditions were on Wednesday back at many places in Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures settling well above the 40 degrees Celsius mark.
Chandigarh residents experienced a hot day at 39 degrees C, four degrees above normal, a MeT report said here.
Bhiwani and Hisar in Haryana braved the hot weather recording above normal maximums of 41.8 deg C and 42 deg C respectively.
People in Ambala too were left sweating as the maximum settled at 39.6 deg C, four notches above normal. Narnaul sizzled at a high of 41 deg C, up by three degrees.
In Punjab, heat wave was back at Amritsar, where residents braved a hot day at 41.4 deg C, up by four notches.
People of Patiala and Ludhiana also got no relief from the sweltering heat and the two towns recorded respective maximums of 40.2 deg C and 39.6 deg C.
People can expect no immediate relief from the hot weather conditions in the two states over the next two days, the MeT has forecast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan