Heat wave back in Punjab, Haryana as monsoon plays truant
Chandigarh: With monsoon playing truant, heat wave conditions were on Wednesday back at many places in Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures settling well above the 40 degrees Celsius mark.
Chandigarh residents experienced a hot day at 39 degrees C, four degrees above normal, a MeT report said here.
Bhiwani and Hisar in Haryana braved the hot weather recording above normal maximums of 41.8 deg C and 42 deg C respectively.
People in Ambala too were left sweating as the maximum settled at 39.6 deg C, four notches above normal. Narnaul sizzled at a high of 41 deg C, up by three degrees.
In Punjab, heat wave was back at Amritsar, where residents braved a hot day at 41.4 deg C, up by four notches.
People of Patiala and Ludhiana also got no relief from the sweltering heat and the two towns recorded respective maximums of 40.2 deg C and 39.6 deg C.
People can expect no immediate relief from the hot weather conditions in the two states over the next two days, the MeT has forecast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees