Heat wave persists in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Heat wave persisted in Punjab and Haryana on Monday with mercury settling up to six notches above normal at some areas in the two states.
The day temperatures hovered between three to six degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Narnaul in Haryana recorded the highest temperature with a high of 45.3 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal, while Hisar braved a high of 44.7 degrees Celsius, up by six notches, and Bhiwani was hot at 43.7 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Rohtak sizzled at a high of 42.8 degrees Celsius, up by four notches, Ambala recorded 39.5 degrees Celsius, up by four notches, and Karnal had a high of 39.6 degrees Celsius, five notches above normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar continued to be the hottest place with a high of 43.1 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal. Ludhiana recorded the maximum temperature at 39.8 degrees Celsius, up by three notches, and Patiala 39.4 degrees Celsius, up by four notches.
Capital city Chandigarh recorded the day temperature at 38.5 degrees Celsius, up by three notches.
The Met office has forecast rainfall or thundershowers at isolated areas in the region in the next 24 hours with a fall in day temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!