Heat wave sweeps Haryana, Punjab; Hisar hottest at 44 °C
Chandigarh: Severe heat wave on Wednesday swept Haryana and Punjab including Union Territory Chandigarh, with Hisar recording maximum 44 degrees Celsius.
Hisar in Haryana sizzled at four degrees above normal, the local MeT Department said.
Most places across the two states, including Chandigarh recorded the season`s hottest day so far, as mercury hovered few notches above normal level.
Bhiwani was sizzling today with the sun beating down since morning and the day temperature shooting up to 43 degrees Celsius, three notches more than normal.
Karnal and Narnaul sweltered at 42 degrees Celsius each. Ambala, too, had a hot day at 41.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
The residents of Chandigarh braved a hot day at 41.4 degrees Celsius, up four notches.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 42.1 degrees Celsius, up five degrees.
The MeT has forecast no immediate relief from the sweltering conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?