Heat wave sweeps Haryana, Punjab; Hisar hottest at 44 °C
Chandigarh: Severe heat wave on Wednesday swept Haryana and Punjab including Union Territory Chandigarh, with Hisar recording maximum 44 degrees Celsius.
Hisar in Haryana sizzled at four degrees above normal, the local MeT Department said.
Most places across the two states, including Chandigarh recorded the season`s hottest day so far, as mercury hovered few notches above normal level.
Bhiwani was sizzling today with the sun beating down since morning and the day temperature shooting up to 43 degrees Celsius, three notches more than normal.
Karnal and Narnaul sweltered at 42 degrees Celsius each. Ambala, too, had a hot day at 41.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
The residents of Chandigarh braved a hot day at 41.4 degrees Celsius, up four notches.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 42.1 degrees Celsius, up five degrees.
The MeT has forecast no immediate relief from the sweltering conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’