Heatwave conditions abate in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Heat wave conditions on Friday abated in Punjab and Haryana with maximum temperatures hovering below normal at most of the places in both states.
After a gap of several days, mercury on Friday dropped below 40 degree Celsius level at various places in Punjab and Haryana.
Union Territory Chandigarh recorded a maximum of 37.9 degree Celsius, down by a degree below normal, Met department said here today.
Chandigarh was lashed by rains accompanied by strong winds in the evening today, bringing much needed relief to the city people from scorching heat, though rains affected power supply at few places in the city.
Among other places in Haryana, Ambala had a high of 38.3 degree Celsius while Karnal and Bhiwani recorded maximum at 37 degree Celsius and 36.4 degree Celsius respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar settled at 41 degree Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala had high of 39.6 and 38.4 degree Celsius.
Met department in its forecast said light to moderate rain accompanied by dust storm or thunder storm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana in next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre