Heatwave sweeps Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Heatwave today continued to sweep across Punjab and Haryana with the mercury hovering few notches above normal.
The Union Territory of Chandigarh experienced sultry weather with a maximum temperature of 40.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
According to the MeT office here, Amritsar in Punjab and Bhiwani in Haryana sizzled at 44.2 degrees Celsius, the maximum in the region.
Among other areas in Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala experienced hot weather conditions at 43.5 and 43.3 degrees Celsius, three and five notches above normal, respectively.
In Haryana, Hisar sizzled at a high of 44 degrees, three notches above normal, followed by Karnal 43, Narnaul 42 and Ambala 41.6 degrees Celsius, respectively.
According to a MeT department forecast, light to moderate rains or thundershowers may occur at isolated places in Haryana and Punjab in the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why