Heavy rains lash Punjab, moderate showers in Haryana
Chandigarh: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed many places in Punjab while several places in Haryana received light to moderate showers, the MeT office here said.
Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, was lashed by showers since this morning, causing a dip in mercury.
In Punjab, Faridkot was lashed by heavy showers at 127 mm followed by Gurdaspur, which received 105 mm of rain.
Among other places in the state which received rains were Ludhiana (62.4 mm), Patiala (46 mm), Madhopur (54 mm), Mukerian (46.8 mm), Hoshiarpur (15 mm), Nakodar (40 mm), Barnala (5 mm), Kapurthala (80 mm) and Mohali (15 mm).
Gurgaon (22 mm), Bahadurgarh (22 mm), Karnal (30 mm), Pehowa (27 mm), Palwal (25 mm), Panipat (14 mm), Rewari (38 mm) and Panchkula (14 mm) were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
A MeT official here said that the monsoon was active over the region and more rains had been forecast in the two states over the next two days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!