Heavy rains lash Punjab, moderate showers in Haryana
Chandigarh: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed many places in Punjab while several places in Haryana received light to moderate showers, the MeT office here said.
Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, was lashed by showers since this morning, causing a dip in mercury.
In Punjab, Faridkot was lashed by heavy showers at 127 mm followed by Gurdaspur, which received 105 mm of rain.
Among other places in the state which received rains were Ludhiana (62.4 mm), Patiala (46 mm), Madhopur (54 mm), Mukerian (46.8 mm), Hoshiarpur (15 mm), Nakodar (40 mm), Barnala (5 mm), Kapurthala (80 mm) and Mohali (15 mm).
Gurgaon (22 mm), Bahadurgarh (22 mm), Karnal (30 mm), Pehowa (27 mm), Palwal (25 mm), Panipat (14 mm), Rewari (38 mm) and Panchkula (14 mm) were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
A MeT official here said that the monsoon was active over the region and more rains had been forecast in the two states over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?