Heavy rains lash Punjab, moderate showers in Haryana
Chandigarh: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed many places in Punjab while several places in Haryana received light to moderate showers, the MeT office here said.
Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, was lashed by showers since this morning, causing a dip in mercury.
In Punjab, Faridkot was lashed by heavy showers at 127 mm followed by Gurdaspur, which received 105 mm of rain.
Among other places in the state which received rains were Ludhiana (62.4 mm), Patiala (46 mm), Madhopur (54 mm), Mukerian (46.8 mm), Hoshiarpur (15 mm), Nakodar (40 mm), Barnala (5 mm), Kapurthala (80 mm) and Mohali (15 mm).
Gurgaon (22 mm), Bahadurgarh (22 mm), Karnal (30 mm), Pehowa (27 mm), Palwal (25 mm), Panipat (14 mm), Rewari (38 mm) and Panchkula (14 mm) were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
A MeT official here said that the monsoon was active over the region and more rains had been forecast in the two states over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?