Heavy rains lash Punjab, moderate showers in Haryana
Chandigarh: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed many places in Punjab while several places in Haryana received light to moderate showers, the MeT office here said.
Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, was lashed by showers since this morning, causing a dip in mercury.
In Punjab, Faridkot was lashed by heavy showers at 127 mm followed by Gurdaspur, which received 105 mm of rain.
Among other places in the state which received rains were Ludhiana (62.4 mm), Patiala (46 mm), Madhopur (54 mm), Mukerian (46.8 mm), Hoshiarpur (15 mm), Nakodar (40 mm), Barnala (5 mm), Kapurthala (80 mm) and Mohali (15 mm).
Gurgaon (22 mm), Bahadurgarh (22 mm), Karnal (30 mm), Pehowa (27 mm), Palwal (25 mm), Panipat (14 mm), Rewari (38 mm) and Panchkula (14 mm) were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
A MeT official here said that the monsoon was active over the region and more rains had been forecast in the two states over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!
- Iraqi forces prepare offensive on IS-held Falluja, urge residents to leave
- Wondering what country to live in according to your zodiac sign? - Find out
- After marriage, porn-watching ups in women, drops in men