Heavy rains lash Punjab, parts of Haryana
Chandigarh: Heavy rains lashed parts of Punjab and Haryana today causing the mercury to settle a few notches below normal.
Chandigarh received heavy rains this morning while Dasuya was the wettest place with 104 mm of showers.
Other places in the state which received showers are Amritsar (18.9 mm), Ludhiana (6.8 mm), Patiala (3mm), Madhopur (32 mm), Ranjit Sagar Dam (57.8 mm), Shahpur Kandi area (37 mm), Nangal Dam area (70.6 mm), Gurdaspur (78 mm), Batala (27 mm), Hoshiarpur (52 mm), Mukerian (66 mm), Garshankar (44 mm), Nakodar 30 (mm), Phillaur (57 mm), Kapurthala (100 mm) and Nawanshahr (50.2 mm).
In Haryana, Sirsa (14 mm), Kaithal (10 mm), Kurukshetra (1 mm), Karnal (1 mm), Bhiwani (1.4 mm), Yamunanagar (30 mm) and Panchkula (11 mm) were among the places which received rains.
During the past few days, the south-west monsoon has been quite active in the region and rains have caused the mercury to fall in the two states and Chandigarh by a few notches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!