Heavy rains lash Punjab, parts of Haryana
Chandigarh: Heavy rains lashed parts of Punjab and Haryana today causing the mercury to settle a few notches below normal.
Chandigarh received heavy rains this morning while Dasuya was the wettest place with 104 mm of showers.
Other places in the state which received showers are Amritsar (18.9 mm), Ludhiana (6.8 mm), Patiala (3mm), Madhopur (32 mm), Ranjit Sagar Dam (57.8 mm), Shahpur Kandi area (37 mm), Nangal Dam area (70.6 mm), Gurdaspur (78 mm), Batala (27 mm), Hoshiarpur (52 mm), Mukerian (66 mm), Garshankar (44 mm), Nakodar 30 (mm), Phillaur (57 mm), Kapurthala (100 mm) and Nawanshahr (50.2 mm).
In Haryana, Sirsa (14 mm), Kaithal (10 mm), Kurukshetra (1 mm), Karnal (1 mm), Bhiwani (1.4 mm), Yamunanagar (30 mm) and Panchkula (11 mm) were among the places which received rains.
During the past few days, the south-west monsoon has been quite active in the region and rains have caused the mercury to fall in the two states and Chandigarh by a few notches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!