Hemkunt Sahib Yatra unlikely to restart this year: SHSMT
Patiala: The Hemkunt Sahib Yatra is unlikely to restart this year.
Vice-chairman of Shri Hemkunt Sahib Management Trust (SHSMT) and chairman of the minorities commission of Uttarakhand Narinder Jeet Singh Bindra on Wednesday said this while pointing out that it was difficult to restart the Yatra this year as rescue operations are still going on.
"It is impossible to restart the Yatra this year, a final decision would be taken in the meeting of the trust management," Bindra said.
Asked about the situation in Gurudwara Hemkunt Sahib, he said level of the lake around the Gurudwara has risen and sand bag bunds have been erected to prevent inflow of water into the sanctum sanctorum.
The building of Gurudwara Govind Dham is safe but muddy water has entered it, he said adding, Army choppers are evacuating pilgrims who are still stuck at Govind Dham.
There is no connection left from Govind Ghat to Govind Dham as both bridges have washed out, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley