Hemkunt Sahib Yatra unlikely to restart this year: SHSMT
Patiala: The Hemkunt Sahib Yatra is unlikely to restart this year.
Vice-chairman of Shri Hemkunt Sahib Management Trust (SHSMT) and chairman of the minorities commission of Uttarakhand Narinder Jeet Singh Bindra on Wednesday said this while pointing out that it was difficult to restart the Yatra this year as rescue operations are still going on.
"It is impossible to restart the Yatra this year, a final decision would be taken in the meeting of the trust management," Bindra said.
Asked about the situation in Gurudwara Hemkunt Sahib, he said level of the lake around the Gurudwara has risen and sand bag bunds have been erected to prevent inflow of water into the sanctum sanctorum.
The building of Gurudwara Govind Dham is safe but muddy water has entered it, he said adding, Army choppers are evacuating pilgrims who are still stuck at Govind Dham.
There is no connection left from Govind Ghat to Govind Dham as both bridges have washed out, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh