Heroin worth Rs 25 crore seized in Amritsar
Amritsar: Five kg of heroin with a street value of Rs 25 crore was seized in Amritsar district by the Special Narcotic Cell of Punjab police here on Tuesday.
One accused from whom the consignment was recovered has been arrested, police said.
The identity of the accused has not been revealed yet, with police saying that preliminary investigation is underway in the case.
The consignment was smuggled from Pakistan, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Congress forms five-member committee to examine bills, debates in Parl
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders
- Italian connection to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination? Subramanian Swamy to reveal after August 15
- WATCH: AB de Villiers' lesson for 19-year-old who struck him with fearsome bouncer
- More girls studying, but 84% drop out after graduation