Heroin worth Rs 3.75 cr seized near Indo-Pak border
Amritsar (Punjab): The Border Security Force on Thursday seized 750 gm of heroin valued at Rs 3.75 crore in the international market and arrested a person in this connection near the Indo-Pak border here.
Security forces noted suspicious movement of an alleged smuggler, identified as Dayal Singh near Mohinder Border Out Post here and arrested him, BSF officials said.
Later, the contraband was recovered from his possession, they said, adding the further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa