Heroin worth Rs 40 crore seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Heroin worth Rs 40 crore in the international black market was on Thursday seized at the Indo-Pak border by the Border Security Force.
BSF`s DIG, R P S Jaswal, said the cache was recovered 10 metres inside the Indian territory from the Wadhai Cheema border outpost.
BSF men, while patrolling along the border, recovered 8 kilograms of the contraband wrapped in a clothing, he said, adding that no arrest has been made in this connection.
Keeping in view the vulnerability of border areas and to ensure check on narcotic smuggling, the BSF had recently issued operational guidelines for further strengthening the surveillance mechanism.
Since the beginning of this year, the BSF has seized over 150 kilograms of contraband, along with fake Indian currency with a face value of over Rs 50 lakh, from the border areas of Punjab.
Meanwhile in Fatehgarh Sahib district, police today arrested two persons and recovered 5,000 tablets of habit-forming drugs from their possession.
The arrests were made from Manhera Jatta and Hansali Road areas of the district during routine checking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi