Heroin worth Rs 40 crore seized at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Heroin worth Rs 40 crore in the international black market was on Thursday seized at the Indo-Pak border by the Border Security Force.
BSF`s DIG, R P S Jaswal, said the cache was recovered 10 metres inside the Indian territory from the Wadhai Cheema border outpost.
BSF men, while patrolling along the border, recovered 8 kilograms of the contraband wrapped in a clothing, he said, adding that no arrest has been made in this connection.
Keeping in view the vulnerability of border areas and to ensure check on narcotic smuggling, the BSF had recently issued operational guidelines for further strengthening the surveillance mechanism.
Since the beginning of this year, the BSF has seized over 150 kilograms of contraband, along with fake Indian currency with a face value of over Rs 50 lakh, from the border areas of Punjab.
Meanwhile in Fatehgarh Sahib district, police today arrested two persons and recovered 5,000 tablets of habit-forming drugs from their possession.
The arrests were made from Manhera Jatta and Hansali Road areas of the district during routine checking.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory