Heroin worth Rs 50 crore recovered from border village of Rajatal
Amritsar: BSF on Monday recovered ten kg heroin with a street value of Rs 50 crore from the border village of Rajatal.
The night patrolling party of BSF observed some intruders from the Pakistani inside entering Indian territory in the wee hours and asked them to surrender, officials said.
However, the intruders kept on marching towards the Indian side and started firing on the BSF party.
The BSF also fired gun shots following which the intruders fled.
A massive search operation was launched in the area during which 10 packets of heroin containing 10 kg of the contraband was seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price