Heroin worth Rs 85 crore smuggled from Pak seized
Amritsar: The BSF on Saturday seized 17 kg of heroin worth Rs 85 crore in the internatinal market, which was smuggled from Pakistan, near a border outpost in Punjab`s Ferozpur sector.
The seizure was effected near border outpost Jhugge Noor Mohammad this morning, BSF DIG R S Jaswal said.
The BSF personnel noticed suspicious movement of some persons from the other side near the border fence at around 0335 hrs and challenged them, he said.
When they adopted aggressive posture, the BSF jawans fired at them in self-defence, the DIG said.
However, they managed to escape taking advantage of the darkness leaving behind the consignment of drug, he said.
During search of the area this morning, 17 packets of heroin with a street value of Rs 85 crore were recovered, Jaswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch