Heroin worth Rs one crore seized, two arrested in Punjab
Jalandhar: Two persons were arrested here for allegedly possessing 200 grams of heroin worth Rs one crore in the international market, police said.
The contraband was seized by the CIA staff of Jalandhar police during vehicle checking in Raipur Balla village as the two arrested were on their way to supply the consignment.
The arrested -- Jarnail and Ispal Singh -- have been booked under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
The car in which they were travelling in was also seized, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert