High security no.plates become mandatory in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Monday asked concerned authorities to implement its directive regarding High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) on vehicles and made an appeal to the general public to have them fixed at the earliest.
It is necessary to have high security number plates on vehicles registered in Punjab as per the Central Motor Vehicle Rule, 1989, a spokesman of the state transport said.
According to the directions of the Supreme Court, all new vehicles would require such plates at the time of purchase and the work of fixing them on old vehicles has already been started in the districts Transport offices, he said.
He said that as per the fixed rates, the number plates for scooter, motor cycle, moped and other two wheelers would cost Rs 100, three wheelers would be Rs 135 whereas light motor vehicles/ passenger cars would get it for Rs 295.
Medium commercial vehicles/ heavy commercial vehicles/ trailers/ combination would get it for Rs 315 and agriculture tractor/ other vehicles for Rs 100, besides this 12.5 per cent VAT and 10 per cent surcharge on VAT would be levied on fixed rates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi