High security no.plates become mandatory in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Monday asked concerned authorities to implement its directive regarding High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) on vehicles and made an appeal to the general public to have them fixed at the earliest.
It is necessary to have high security number plates on vehicles registered in Punjab as per the Central Motor Vehicle Rule, 1989, a spokesman of the state transport said.
According to the directions of the Supreme Court, all new vehicles would require such plates at the time of purchase and the work of fixing them on old vehicles has already been started in the districts Transport offices, he said.
He said that as per the fixed rates, the number plates for scooter, motor cycle, moped and other two wheelers would cost Rs 100, three wheelers would be Rs 135 whereas light motor vehicles/ passenger cars would get it for Rs 295.
Medium commercial vehicles/ heavy commercial vehicles/ trailers/ combination would get it for Rs 315 and agriculture tractor/ other vehicles for Rs 100, besides this 12.5 per cent VAT and 10 per cent surcharge on VAT would be levied on fixed rates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule