Honour killing: Student killed by girlfriend`s mom
Faridkot (Punjab): In a case of honour
killing, an engineering student, who was missing since last
month, was allegedly killed by the mother of a girl with whom
he had an affair, police said on Tuesday.
Amandeep Kaur, who was arrested yesterday, during
interrogation confessed to pushing Gurtej Singh into a canal
as she was against her daughter`s relationship with the youth,
Gurtej, a student of Adesh Engineering College, had gone
missing from his house on the night of August 26. His family
had received ransom calls demanding Rs 1 crore.
The victim`s father Sherjhang Singh had filed a police
complaint against the girl`s family, alleging that he was
abducted by them as they were against the affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital