Honour killing: Student killed by girlfriend`s mom
Faridkot (Punjab): In a case of honour
killing, an engineering student, who was missing since last
month, was allegedly killed by the mother of a girl with whom
he had an affair, police said on Tuesday.
Amandeep Kaur, who was arrested yesterday, during
interrogation confessed to pushing Gurtej Singh into a canal
as she was against her daughter`s relationship with the youth,
Gurtej, a student of Adesh Engineering College, had gone
missing from his house on the night of August 26. His family
had received ransom calls demanding Rs 1 crore.
The victim`s father Sherjhang Singh had filed a police
complaint against the girl`s family, alleging that he was
abducted by them as they were against the affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...