Honour killing: Student killed by girlfriend`s mom
Faridkot (Punjab): In a case of honour
killing, an engineering student, who was missing since last
month, was allegedly killed by the mother of a girl with whom
he had an affair, police said on Tuesday.
Amandeep Kaur, who was arrested yesterday, during
interrogation confessed to pushing Gurtej Singh into a canal
as she was against her daughter`s relationship with the youth,
Gurtej, a student of Adesh Engineering College, had gone
missing from his house on the night of August 26. His family
had received ransom calls demanding Rs 1 crore.
The victim`s father Sherjhang Singh had filed a police
complaint against the girl`s family, alleging that he was
abducted by them as they were against the affair.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way