Honour killing: Student killed by girlfriend`s mom
Faridkot (Punjab): In a case of honour
killing, an engineering student, who was missing since last
month, was allegedly killed by the mother of a girl with whom
he had an affair, police said on Tuesday.
Amandeep Kaur, who was arrested yesterday, during
interrogation confessed to pushing Gurtej Singh into a canal
as she was against her daughter`s relationship with the youth,
Gurtej, a student of Adesh Engineering College, had gone
missing from his house on the night of August 26. His family
had received ransom calls demanding Rs 1 crore.
The victim`s father Sherjhang Singh had filed a police
complaint against the girl`s family, alleging that he was
abducted by them as they were against the affair.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming