Humid conditions persist in Haryana, Punjab
Chandigarh: Leaving some parts of Punjab and Haryana, rains continued to evade both the states and the residents reeled under hot and humid conditions.
The maximum temperature in parts of Punjab and Haryana was about four notches above normal, the Meteorological department said.
Hisar was the hottest place in the region with a high of 38.9 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
Among other places, Bhiwani settled at a high of 38.8 deg C followed by 37.5 deg C at Narnaul, two notches above normal.
Patiala had a high of 36.7 deg C, four notches above normal whereas Amritsar settled at 36.4 deg C, one notch above normal.
Ludhiana and Ambala had an identical high of 35.2 deg C, one notch each above normal. Chandigarh recorded 34.6 deg C, one notch above normal.
However, the met forecast moderate to heavy rains at many places in Haryana and at a few places in Punjab during the next 24 hours.
Ludhiana today received 8 mm of rainfall, while Chandigarh got 5 mm rains. Hisar in Haryana got one mm rainfall.
The Met also forecast heavy downpour at isolated places in Haryana tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir