Hundreds of wheat bags found with soil
Chandigarh: Authorities in Punjab on Friday raided the warehouses of a government foodgrain procurement agency and found hundreds of gunny bags with soil instead of wheat stocks.
Government sources said the scam could run into millions of rupees. The stocks allegedly belonged to procurement agency Punsup.
The official said at least 1,000 wheat bags had nothing but soil. Checking the remaining stock was on.
Punjab, which contributes nearly 50 percent of India`s total foodgrain production, had procured over 100 lakh metric tonnes of wheat this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS