Hyderabad Police raid SAD leader`s house, son arrested
Batala: Sleuths of Hyderabad Police on Thursday raided the house of a local Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader and arrested his son in connection with a forgery and at least six other criminal cases.
Surinder Bansal`s house was raided by a police team after his Hyderabad-based brother lodged a complaint. Surinder managed to flee while one of his sons was arrested.
Parbodh Bansal had lodged a complaint against his brother, Surinder, SAD`s Civil Lines Circle president. Parbodh alleged that Surinder, along with his two sons -- Amit and Sandeep -- grabbed his shares to the tune of Rs 1.7 crore by using fake signatures and assaulted him when he questioned them.
After conducting an enquiry, police registered a case against Surinder and his sons under various IPC sections.
Later, police called Surinder and his sons to join the investigations but they refused to do so.
On Thursday, the Hyderabad Police team raided the house and arrested his son Sandeep, while Surinder and Amit managed to flee.
Police presented Sandeep before the court of judicial magistrate Amita Singh, and obtained transit remand to take him to Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report