I am ready to face power cuts at my residence: Badal
Jalandhar: Expressing inability to
meet the on-going power crisis and terming it as "national
crisis", Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said
he is also ready to face the long power cuts, to share the
difficulties being faced by the people of Punjab.
"Power crisis is not in Punjab only, but in almost
every state and it is extremely difficult to match the
demand. Even I am ready to face the long power cuts of at
least seven hours at my residence, as being faced by the
people of the state to share and understand their plight",
Badal told reporters when apprised him plight of people due
to long power cuts.
As usual, Badal passed the blame of shortage of
power to the previous congress government and said "Congress
government did not do any effort to increase the power
generation in the state and as a result the acute crises of
power has arisen in the state".
"Now, we have initiated four power plants, work of
two of them has already been initiated and for rest of the two
including at Rajpura and at Giddarbaha efforts were on to
make a re-bid and coal arrangements respectively", Badal
Even it was due to the state government efforts only,
the power plant of Shahpur Kandi was also included in the list
of national projects, he said revealing that even at present
the state was purchasing more power than any other state in
On the issues of subsidies, Badal said that recently
a two member committee has been constituted to review all
subsidies. CM evaded a reply, when asked about the chances
of cabinet reshuffle in the near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...