Illegal arms factory unearthed, 3 held
Chandigarh: The Haryana police on Wednesday claimed to have busted an illegal arms racket in Jind district
with the arrest of its kingpin and two others.
Based on an information given by a person named Surender,
who was arrested on July 8, police raided the arms factory at
Julana on the same day and recovered two country-made pistols,
seven live cartridges and equipments for making arms, a senior
police official said.
Police arrested Surender from Kapro area and recovered
some illegal arms from his possession. During interrogation,
Surender told police that he had purchased the arms from a man
named Ramesh who was running an illegal arms factory in Julana
along with his accomplice Sanjay, he said.
Surender further told police that Ramesh and Sanjay were
supposed to meet him at Kheri area to supply some arms to him.
Acting on the information, police laid a trap and nabbed the
duo, the official said.
Ramesh was running the illegal arms business since 1983,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars