Illegal arms factory unearthed, 3 held
Chandigarh: The Haryana police on Wednesday claimed to have busted an illegal arms racket in Jind district
with the arrest of its kingpin and two others.
Based on an information given by a person named Surender,
who was arrested on July 8, police raided the arms factory at
Julana on the same day and recovered two country-made pistols,
seven live cartridges and equipments for making arms, a senior
police official said.
Police arrested Surender from Kapro area and recovered
some illegal arms from his possession. During interrogation,
Surender told police that he had purchased the arms from a man
named Ramesh who was running an illegal arms factory in Julana
along with his accomplice Sanjay, he said.
Surender further told police that Ramesh and Sanjay were
supposed to meet him at Kheri area to supply some arms to him.
Acting on the information, police laid a trap and nabbed the
duo, the official said.
Ramesh was running the illegal arms business since 1983,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know