Illegal arms factory unearthed, 3 held
Chandigarh: The Haryana police on Wednesday claimed to have busted an illegal arms racket in Jind district
with the arrest of its kingpin and two others.
Based on an information given by a person named Surender,
who was arrested on July 8, police raided the arms factory at
Julana on the same day and recovered two country-made pistols,
seven live cartridges and equipments for making arms, a senior
police official said.
Police arrested Surender from Kapro area and recovered
some illegal arms from his possession. During interrogation,
Surender told police that he had purchased the arms from a man
named Ramesh who was running an illegal arms factory in Julana
along with his accomplice Sanjay, he said.
Surender further told police that Ramesh and Sanjay were
supposed to meet him at Kheri area to supply some arms to him.
Acting on the information, police laid a trap and nabbed the
duo, the official said.
Ramesh was running the illegal arms business since 1983,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch