Immigration fraud: Punjab police book four
Mohali: Four people have been booked for allegedly duping seven people of RS.80 lakh on the pretext of sending them abroad, Punjab Police said on Monday.
Karandeep Singh, Deepak Arora, Madhu and Pooja Munjal, used to run a company called Jet Immigration in phase I, Mohali district police chief Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said.
"After receiving a complaint, we have booked four persons of Jet Immigration. They had taken approximately Rs.80 lakh from seven people and had promised to send them to the US and Canada. They had also promised to provide lucrative jobs to them there," he said.
"However, they neither sent them abroad nor returned their money. Our investigation is on and very soon we will arrest the accused," Bhullar added.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe