`India home to 500 million workforce by 2022`
Fatehgarh Sahib: By 2022, India would be home to over 500 million skilled workforce and it would play a significant role in the growth of country`s economy, a British lawmaker on Saturday said here.
"About 12 million persons are expected to join the workforce every year. This talent pool would be critical to drive the growth of the economy as well as play a significant role in employment," said Lord Diljit Rana, Member of House of Lords, UK.
The British legislator stressed on the need to train youngsters with job oriented courses to meet with future demand.
Lord Rana was addressing a function of Cordia Educational Complex at Sanghol area here.
He is one of the founder members of the institute.
Justice Rajiv Bhalla of the Punjab and Haryana High Court was also present at the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray