`India home to 500 million workforce by 2022`
Fatehgarh Sahib: By 2022, India would be home to over 500 million skilled workforce and it would play a significant role in the growth of country`s economy, a British lawmaker on Saturday said here.
"About 12 million persons are expected to join the workforce every year. This talent pool would be critical to drive the growth of the economy as well as play a significant role in employment," said Lord Diljit Rana, Member of House of Lords, UK.
The British legislator stressed on the need to train youngsters with job oriented courses to meet with future demand.
Lord Rana was addressing a function of Cordia Educational Complex at Sanghol area here.
He is one of the founder members of the institute.
Justice Rajiv Bhalla of the Punjab and Haryana High Court was also present at the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security