`India home to 500 million workforce by 2022`
Fatehgarh Sahib: By 2022, India would be home to over 500 million skilled workforce and it would play a significant role in the growth of country`s economy, a British lawmaker on Saturday said here.
"About 12 million persons are expected to join the workforce every year. This talent pool would be critical to drive the growth of the economy as well as play a significant role in employment," said Lord Diljit Rana, Member of House of Lords, UK.
The British legislator stressed on the need to train youngsters with job oriented courses to meet with future demand.
Lord Rana was addressing a function of Cordia Educational Complex at Sanghol area here.
He is one of the founder members of the institute.
Justice Rajiv Bhalla of the Punjab and Haryana High Court was also present at the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing