Indian youths on death row in Dubai come back
Amritsar: It was a fresh lease of life
for three Indian youths who were handed death sentences by a
Dubai court as they landed on home soil.
The three arrived at Rajasansi Airport here today
after being saved, courtesy an NGO working for the release of
individuals in Dubai and Sharjah jails.
The three were released on May 29, 2011 from Sharjah
Central Jail after Dubai-based businessman and philanthropist
S P Singh Oberoi paid blood money of Rs 18 lakh to a court in
The three, hailing from Hoshiarpur in Punjab, were
convicted for bootlegging and murder of a fellow Indian Bikram
Jeet Singh in October 2008.
Kashmiri Lal, Trilochan Singh and Pradeep Kumar were
given death sentence in 2009.
On reaching here, all the three youths claimed they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH