Indians returned from Libya issued fresh passports
Jalandhar: 350 Indians who returned from
strife-torn Libya on `emergency slips` have been issued
passport, an official said on Thursday.
Around 590 people had applied for a new passport and
approximately 350 people either have been issued passports or
are in the process of allotment, Regional Passport Officer
Parneet Singh said.
"We held a special court and have either issued passport
to 200-odd people or given an approval for issuance. In around
40 cases people have not been issued since their papers were
not complete," Singh said.
After full documentation, they would also be issued the
Indians have been issued passport without being charged
for the airfare from Libya to India on the External Affairs
Ministry`s order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj