Indians returned from Libya issued fresh passports
Jalandhar: 350 Indians who returned from
strife-torn Libya on `emergency slips` have been issued
passport, an official said on Thursday.
Around 590 people had applied for a new passport and
approximately 350 people either have been issued passports or
are in the process of allotment, Regional Passport Officer
Parneet Singh said.
"We held a special court and have either issued passport
to 200-odd people or given an approval for issuance. In around
40 cases people have not been issued since their papers were
not complete," Singh said.
After full documentation, they would also be issued the
Indians have been issued passport without being charged
for the airfare from Libya to India on the External Affairs
Ministry`s order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal