Indians returned from Libya issued fresh passports
Jalandhar: 350 Indians who returned from
strife-torn Libya on `emergency slips` have been issued
passport, an official said on Thursday.
Around 590 people had applied for a new passport and
approximately 350 people either have been issued passports or
are in the process of allotment, Regional Passport Officer
Parneet Singh said.
"We held a special court and have either issued passport
to 200-odd people or given an approval for issuance. In around
40 cases people have not been issued since their papers were
not complete," Singh said.
After full documentation, they would also be issued the
Indians have been issued passport without being charged
for the airfare from Libya to India on the External Affairs
Ministry`s order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you