Indians returned from Libya issued fresh passports
Jalandhar: 350 Indians who returned from
strife-torn Libya on `emergency slips` have been issued
passport, an official said on Thursday.
Around 590 people had applied for a new passport and
approximately 350 people either have been issued passports or
are in the process of allotment, Regional Passport Officer
Parneet Singh said.
"We held a special court and have either issued passport
to 200-odd people or given an approval for issuance. In around
40 cases people have not been issued since their papers were
not complete," Singh said.
After full documentation, they would also be issued the
Indians have been issued passport without being charged
for the airfare from Libya to India on the External Affairs
Ministry`s order, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack