India`s policy towards China soft: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Monday blamed Centre`s soft attitude towards China as a eason behind the latest incursion in DBO sector in eastern Ladakh.
"India`s defence policy towards China is soft as a result of which China indulges in intrusions every now and then," BJP National Executive Member and former MP, Thupstan Chhewang, told reporters here today.
He also alleged that "Congress-led UPA government has adopted complete silence over incidents of foreign attacks on country`s sovereignty."
Chhewang said that the recent intrusion by People`s Liberation army deep into Indian territory is not the first such case.
"In the past too, such intrusions have taken place and every time our Union Government has taken it lightly, which has encouraged China and today the situation has reached to a point that illegal entry into Indian borders has become a routine matter for China," he claimed.
Flaying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, for their comments that it was a local issue and that the area was a disputed one with no demarcated areas, Chhewang said that instead of taking appropriate steps to discourage China from waging undeclared war, government was making "seditious" statements.
"Statements like un-demarcated borders between India and China or disputed area, are the utterances which are seditious," the senior leader from Ladakh alleged.
Chhewang claimed that Centre`s defensive policy towards China has also demoralised the Indian forces deployed along the borders.
He also insisted upon creation of proposed Special Command Base in Ladakh to counter Chinese threat.
"The remote region of Ladakh is the most ignored and under developed area. It needs due attention, otherwise the people living in the area will feel alienated," he added.
BJP National executive Member Nirmal Singh who was also present on the occasion said the government should also work to defeat the cultural aggression on Ladakh from across the border and the television and mobile services should be ensured in the entire region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly