India`s policy towards China soft: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Monday blamed Centre`s soft attitude towards China as a eason behind the latest incursion in DBO sector in eastern Ladakh.
"India`s defence policy towards China is soft as a result of which China indulges in intrusions every now and then," BJP National Executive Member and former MP, Thupstan Chhewang, told reporters here today.
He also alleged that "Congress-led UPA government has adopted complete silence over incidents of foreign attacks on country`s sovereignty."
Chhewang said that the recent intrusion by People`s Liberation army deep into Indian territory is not the first such case.
"In the past too, such intrusions have taken place and every time our Union Government has taken it lightly, which has encouraged China and today the situation has reached to a point that illegal entry into Indian borders has become a routine matter for China," he claimed.
Flaying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, for their comments that it was a local issue and that the area was a disputed one with no demarcated areas, Chhewang said that instead of taking appropriate steps to discourage China from waging undeclared war, government was making "seditious" statements.
"Statements like un-demarcated borders between India and China or disputed area, are the utterances which are seditious," the senior leader from Ladakh alleged.
Chhewang claimed that Centre`s defensive policy towards China has also demoralised the Indian forces deployed along the borders.
He also insisted upon creation of proposed Special Command Base in Ladakh to counter Chinese threat.
"The remote region of Ladakh is the most ignored and under developed area. It needs due attention, otherwise the people living in the area will feel alienated," he added.
BJP National executive Member Nirmal Singh who was also present on the occasion said the government should also work to defeat the cultural aggression on Ladakh from across the border and the television and mobile services should be ensured in the entire region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends