Indira Gandhi`s assassins honoured
Amritsar: Two assassins of prime minister Indira Gandhi were Sunday honoured by a senior Sikh clergyman to mark the 24th anniversary of their hanging.
The head of Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of Sikh religion, honoured the kin of the assassins at the Golden Temple complex here.
Satwant Singh and Kehar Singh were hanged 24 years ago for gunning down Gandhi at her official residence, an event that led to large-scale anti-Sikh violence in parts of India.
While Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, who were in the security ring of Indira Gandhi, shot at her from close range Oct 31, 1984, Kehar Singh was linked to the murder conspiracy.
Beant Singh was shot dead by Indira Gandhi`s security guards.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know