Infant among two children charred to death
Ludhiana: An infant and her elder brother were on Sunday charred to death while their two other siblings sustained serious burn injuries in Bhatian village on the outskirts of the city when their `jhuggi` caught fire, police said.
Migrant labourer Kamal Nath, his wife Seema and their children were asleep in the Chitti Colony slum area when their `jhuggi` was engulfed by flames this morning, they said.
Sonu (5) and his younger sister Kamana (14 months) died of burn injuries on the spot while their sisters Payal (7) and Sonia (3) were rushed to Rajindra Hospital at Patiala with critical burn injuries, SHO Ladhowal, P S Gurmit Singh said.
Kamal and his wife also received burn injuries in the fire but they were out of danger, he said.
Police said that the slum did not have an electricity connection and fire apparently started from a candle that was used for lighting the `jhuggi`.
Further investigations were under progress, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal