Inter-district gang of robbers unearthed
Phagwara: Police on Tuesday claimed to have unearthed an inter-district gang of criminals allegedly involved the robbing of an NRI woman here in April.
The accused, identified as Sunny Kumar alias Chandi, Varinder Kumar alias Bhima and Avinash Chander were involved in a number of other incidents of loot and snatching in and around the district in recent past, SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
The gang used to strike in deserted areas mostly during the wee hours of the day, Khakh said adding that trio has confessed to have robbed an NRI woman Ritu Chaudhary of her cash, passport, jewellery and other valuables on April three.
Two motorcycles, foreign currency worth USD 4,000, a cellphone, laptop, one gold necklace and a sharp-edged weapon was also recovered from them, he said.
The accused had also allegedly attempted to break open a bank ATM near Palahi village last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog