Inter-district gang of robbers unearthed
Phagwara: Police on Tuesday claimed to have unearthed an inter-district gang of criminals allegedly involved the robbing of an NRI woman here in April.
The accused, identified as Sunny Kumar alias Chandi, Varinder Kumar alias Bhima and Avinash Chander were involved in a number of other incidents of loot and snatching in and around the district in recent past, SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
The gang used to strike in deserted areas mostly during the wee hours of the day, Khakh said adding that trio has confessed to have robbed an NRI woman Ritu Chaudhary of her cash, passport, jewellery and other valuables on April three.
Two motorcycles, foreign currency worth USD 4,000, a cellphone, laptop, one gold necklace and a sharp-edged weapon was also recovered from them, he said.
The accused had also allegedly attempted to break open a bank ATM near Palahi village last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America