Inter-district gang of robbers unearthed
Phagwara: Police on Tuesday claimed to have unearthed an inter-district gang of criminals allegedly involved the robbing of an NRI woman here in April.
The accused, identified as Sunny Kumar alias Chandi, Varinder Kumar alias Bhima and Avinash Chander were involved in a number of other incidents of loot and snatching in and around the district in recent past, SP Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
The gang used to strike in deserted areas mostly during the wee hours of the day, Khakh said adding that trio has confessed to have robbed an NRI woman Ritu Chaudhary of her cash, passport, jewellery and other valuables on April three.
Two motorcycles, foreign currency worth USD 4,000, a cellphone, laptop, one gold necklace and a sharp-edged weapon was also recovered from them, he said.
The accused had also allegedly attempted to break open a bank ATM near Palahi village last year, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference