Inter-state coordination can help in internal security: Patil
Chandigarh: Inter-state coordination and usage of latest technology can play a vital role in curbing the impact of internal security threat, Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Thursday said.
"We have to understand the threat perception and should be prepared in advance. Inter-state coordination can play a vital role in this," the former Union Home Minister said at a function here.
Patil said India`s security concerns were dynamic and affected by global security environment and suggested use of new technologies.
"Research and development is more important in the defence sector. It should be equipped with latest technical know-how regarding the types of aircraft, submarines and guns that are required," the Chandigarh Administrator said.
He emphasised on developing R&D in private industry also for which, he said, the government is giving a lot of concessions.
Stressing upon increasing number of policemen and police stations, Patil said there were 6.5 lakh villages in the country and the number of police stations was less than 14,000 with 22 lakh police personnel were available with the states.
The ratio between police and public should be maintained to provide better security cover, he pointed out.
Patil said states should have Defence Universities as well as Police Universities to impart required training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price