Jagir Kaur’s `Jagir` - LCD TV, DTH in Punjab jail
Kapurthala: Imagine being in jail, receiving VVIP treatment and getting to watch all your favourite television channels on an LCD screen! Yes, that’s the treatment Bibi Jagir Kaur appears to be getting in Kapurthala jail.
On a day Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil accepted the resignation of Jagir Kaur – a leader of the ruling Akali Dal – from the Parkash Singh Badal ministry, a 32-inch LCD TV and a DTH dish antenna were installed inside the jail premises on Monday.
Jagir Kaur was last week held guilty for the abduction and forced abortion of her daughter Harpreet over a decade ago, and was sent to jail. She was however acquitted of her murder.
The jail, meanwhile, seems to be just another home for her.
Reports said the former minister has been lodged some distance away from other inmates in the women’s ward, to have privacy.
Apart from the LCD TV and DTH, she will soon get an air-conditioner too.
While Jagir Kaur is allowed to speak to her relatives freely on mobile phone, one of her daughters, Rajneet Kaur, and son-in-law, Yuvraj Bhupinder Singh, are with her almost through the day.
Jail authorities also allow home-cooked food to be brought inside jail for her three times a day, besides fruits and mineral water.
As regards how she spends the day in jail, sources say Jagir Kaur visits the prison gurdwara everyday in the morning and then stays in the visitors’ room for most of the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi