Jail inmate attempts suicide after being caught with smack
Faridkot: A prisoner lodged in Faridkot jail here allegedly attempted suicide by ramming his head into iron bars of the barrack where he was lodged, police said Wednesday.
Hoshiar Singh, hailing from Patiala district, took the step yesterday after jail staff recovered 38 small packets of smack from him and another inmate during a routine check, SP (Jail) Tejinder Singh said.
Singh and the other inmate Manoj Kumar had been recently shifted from Patiala jail, the SP said.
A case had been registered against Singh for attempting suicide, he said, adding, another case has been lodged against him and Kumar for possessing smack.
The SP said jail authorities have launched a probe to determine how the smack reached the jail premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves