Jail inmate attempts suicide after being caught with smack
Faridkot: A prisoner lodged in Faridkot jail here allegedly attempted suicide by ramming his head into iron bars of the barrack where he was lodged, police said Wednesday.
Hoshiar Singh, hailing from Patiala district, took the step yesterday after jail staff recovered 38 small packets of smack from him and another inmate during a routine check, SP (Jail) Tejinder Singh said.
Singh and the other inmate Manoj Kumar had been recently shifted from Patiala jail, the SP said.
A case had been registered against Singh for attempting suicide, he said, adding, another case has been lodged against him and Kumar for possessing smack.
The SP said jail authorities have launched a probe to determine how the smack reached the jail premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars