Jaitley must talk about issues haunting Punjab: Amarinder
Amritsar: Rejecting Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Arun Jaitley`s charge of having mastered the art of running away, Congress Party Lok Sabha candidate for Amritsar and former Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh on Thursday demanded that the former should talk about issues bedeviling the state before transcending to national issues.
"I have never run away from anything. He (Jaitley) should know it better. Before you talk about national issues, you must first talk about Amritsar and its future. You must talk about Punjab and the problems faced by the people here. Then only you should transcend to the national level issues," said Captain on Jaitley`s charge that he is running away from the national issues like corruption and inflation.
"Well before Jaitley came to parliament, I was a part of the seventh Lok Sabha. So, I know how the Lok Sabha works and what is the mindset of the people is. His mind his only settled on national issues. They are important but the issues prevailing in Punjab and the city you represent are equally important," Amarinder added.
On his comment that Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal should undergo a lie detector test, Amarinder said: "In my 47 years of political life and ten years when I was a part of the SAD, I have never seen him telling the truth. He just says things as they suit him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!