J&K terror attack: Pall of gloom descends on Army officer`s residence
Chandigarh: A pall of gloom descended on the neighbourhood after the news of Lt Col Bikramjeet Singh`s death in a terrorist attack on an army camp in Jammu region reached his residence here on Thursday.
There was complete silence and state of mourning at Singh`s residence in Sector 8 of the city, with his aged father Major (Retd) Paramjeet Singh still coming to terms with the tragedy.
The family members refused to talk to mediapersons who visited the residence.
People from different walks of life and neighbours visited the house and expressed their condolences to the bereaved family.
Gurpreet Kaur (43), a cousin of the martyr, told mediapersons that Bikramjit was a brave man and spent his childhood in different parts of the country with his father, who too was in the army.
Singh has an eight-year-old daughter, she said.
Meanwhile, the body of the martyr was brought in a helicopter to Chandimandir, a military station near Panchkula.
The family members were taken to the military station, and later the body was shifted to a mortuary in Chandimandir.
The last rites of Lt Col Bikramjit Singh will be performed tomorrow with full state honours, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday