Jats to launch nationwide stir
Chandigarh: Jats will launch a nationwide stir from August 15 to demand inclusion of their caste in the category of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in Haryana.
"The members of the community will launch a countrywide agitation from August 15 in support of their demand," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangarsh Samiti chief Hawa Singh Sangwan said here.
A meeting of the working committee of Jat Samitis would be held at Kaithal in Haryana on April 29 in this regard, he said.
"If Jats are not included in the OBC list by August 15, a nationwide stir will be launched," Sangwan said.
The meeting would also take a final call on extending support to social activist Anna Hazare and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev in their crusade against corruption, he said.
The community had launched an agitation last year in the state to mount pressure on the Centre and the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government for fulfilment of their demand.
They withdrew their month-long stir after an assurance from the Chief Minister that their issue would be taken up with the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands