Jats to launch nationwide stir
Chandigarh: Jats will launch a nationwide stir from August 15 to demand inclusion of their caste in the category of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in Haryana.
"The members of the community will launch a countrywide agitation from August 15 in support of their demand," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangarsh Samiti chief Hawa Singh Sangwan said here.
A meeting of the working committee of Jat Samitis would be held at Kaithal in Haryana on April 29 in this regard, he said.
"If Jats are not included in the OBC list by August 15, a nationwide stir will be launched," Sangwan said.
The meeting would also take a final call on extending support to social activist Anna Hazare and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev in their crusade against corruption, he said.
The community had launched an agitation last year in the state to mount pressure on the Centre and the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government for fulfilment of their demand.
They withdrew their month-long stir after an assurance from the Chief Minister that their issue would be taken up with the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says