Jats to launch nationwide stir
Chandigarh: Jats will launch a nationwide stir from August 15 to demand inclusion of their caste in the category of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in Haryana.
"The members of the community will launch a countrywide agitation from August 15 in support of their demand," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangarsh Samiti chief Hawa Singh Sangwan said here.
A meeting of the working committee of Jat Samitis would be held at Kaithal in Haryana on April 29 in this regard, he said.
"If Jats are not included in the OBC list by August 15, a nationwide stir will be launched," Sangwan said.
The meeting would also take a final call on extending support to social activist Anna Hazare and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev in their crusade against corruption, he said.
The community had launched an agitation last year in the state to mount pressure on the Centre and the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government for fulfilment of their demand.
They withdrew their month-long stir after an assurance from the Chief Minister that their issue would be taken up with the Centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan