JD(U) will field its candidate in Moga Assembly by-poll
Jalandhar: JD(U) on Sunday announced that it will field its own candidate in the upcoming Moga Assembly bye-election slated for February 23.
"The party has unanimously decided to field its candidate in the by-poll during a meeting in New Delhi led by JD(U) national general secretary and state chief Arun Srivastava," state general secretary Om Prakash Khemkarni said in a statement.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal failed to respect the support extended by the JD(U), therefore the party has decided to put up its own candidate there, the statement said.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31