JD(U) will field its candidate in Moga Assembly by-poll
Jalandhar: JD(U) on Sunday announced that it will field its own candidate in the upcoming Moga Assembly bye-election slated for February 23.
"The party has unanimously decided to field its candidate in the by-poll during a meeting in New Delhi led by JD(U) national general secretary and state chief Arun Srivastava," state general secretary Om Prakash Khemkarni said in a statement.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal failed to respect the support extended by the JD(U), therefore the party has decided to put up its own candidate there, the statement said.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview