JD(U) will field its candidate in Moga Assembly by-poll
Jalandhar: JD(U) on Sunday announced that it will field its own candidate in the upcoming Moga Assembly bye-election slated for February 23.
"The party has unanimously decided to field its candidate in the by-poll during a meeting in New Delhi led by JD(U) national general secretary and state chief Arun Srivastava," state general secretary Om Prakash Khemkarni said in a statement.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal failed to respect the support extended by the JD(U), therefore the party has decided to put up its own candidate there, the statement said.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why