JD(U) will field its candidate in Moga Assembly by-poll
Jalandhar: JD(U) on Sunday announced that it will field its own candidate in the upcoming Moga Assembly bye-election slated for February 23.
"The party has unanimously decided to field its candidate in the by-poll during a meeting in New Delhi led by JD(U) national general secretary and state chief Arun Srivastava," state general secretary Om Prakash Khemkarni said in a statement.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal failed to respect the support extended by the JD(U), therefore the party has decided to put up its own candidate there, the statement said.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users