JD(U) will field its candidate in Moga Assembly by-poll
Jalandhar: JD(U) on Sunday announced that it will field its own candidate in the upcoming Moga Assembly bye-election slated for February 23.
"The party has unanimously decided to field its candidate in the by-poll during a meeting in New Delhi led by JD(U) national general secretary and state chief Arun Srivastava," state general secretary Om Prakash Khemkarni said in a statement.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal failed to respect the support extended by the JD(U), therefore the party has decided to put up its own candidate there, the statement said.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him