Jeep collides with truck in Karnal, 11 killed
Chandigarh: Eleven people, including seven women, were killed and eight others injured when a jeep in which they were travelling in collided with a truck in Haryana`s Karnal district in the wee hours Wednesday.
The mishap occurred when the jeep carrying 21 pilgrims collided with the truck near Pacca Khera village, about 135 km from here, Karnal Police Superintendent of Police Rakesh Arya said.
Four women were among the eleven who died in the accident, he said, adding two seriously injured have been referred to PGIMER here.
The pilgrims were on their way to a shrine in Jind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights